A Holiday Meme.
I was planning on doing this Christmas meme awhile ago, but for some reason actually had other things to blog about! How very unusual. Anyway, since it’s the day before Christmas, I figured it would be a perfect time to do this very last-minute Christmas meme! If you need something to blog about today, try this one!
1. What is your Favorite Christmas Movie?
Muppet’s Christmas Carol takes the number one spot, but I also like Love, Actually.
2. What is your Least favorite Christmas Movie?
Can I be honest here? Probably The Christmas Story. I don’t think I’ve actually seen the entire thing, mostly because I find that little boy to be really annoying. I don’t think I’ve had the patience to watch the whole thing. Though I do believe I’ve watched it at least once with my Dad, but usually when it comes on I can only listen to it for a little while.
3. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Carol of the Bells! (yay Karen!) I also love Transiberian Orchestra’s Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24
4. What Christmas song(s) drives you crazy?
There aren’t that many that drive me crazy actually. I can listen to pretty much any Christmas song, but I can only listen to Christmas songs for a short period before I’m like “and we’re done….”
5. What is your favorite Christmas Drink? (ie. egg nog, hot chocolate)
I wish egg nogg did not threaten my health so much, otherwise I would down it by the bucket!
6. What is your favorite Christmas Memory?
I loved doing all the fun holiday stuff around Portland. Winter Wonderland at the International Raceway, the lights at the Queen Anne Victorian Mansion, and driving down Peacock Lane, a neighborhood in Portland where ALL the houses are completely decked out in Christmas lights (I don’t think you’re allowed to live there if you don’t do it).
7. What is the best toy/gift you’ve received on Christmas?
I remember really digging this toy kitchen I got. I played with it for years, before I was finally too big to really use any of it (it was meant for small kids).
8. What is the worst toy/gift you’ve received on Christmas?
I occasionally got random gifts from extended family members that wouldn’t really fit with my style or what I liked, but it was never a problem.
9. What do you LOVE about the holidays?
I love the decorations! Christmas lights, as I blogged about last week, are one of my favorite things.
10. What annoys you about the holidays?
All the rude people come out in hoards. I can handle one at a time, but ohmygod, they are everywhere!
11. Do you prefer star or angel on top of a Christmas tree? Or something else?
We actually had a funky purple ornament that fit over the top of our tree, so it was neither an angel or a star. The tree we have at my apartment has a star at the top.
12. What is your family favorite recipe at Christmas?
My grandmother has a recipe for really amazing crushed walnut crescents that are absolutely delicious. Definitely a favorite.
13. Are you a Grinch or a Who at Christmastime?
Totally a Who. I’ve never been a Grinch.
14. Christmas light displays – Love them or Hate them?
I LOVE EVERYTHING. Everything cheesy and animated and musical. I think they are all great. I would hate to have their electricity bill though! Holy Moses!
15. Santa’s at the mall – Fun times or Creepy?
Most are fun but I’ve seen some mall Santas walking around NYC and I’m like, “Woah.”
16. Christmas cards – do you send them, yes or no?
Never. I did them for a couple years and Holy Moses are stamps expensive! I can’t do that and ship presents. In one or the other, folks!
17. What is the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion?
The time off? And seeing my family again (especially since I don’t live with them anymore) and how everything is pretty and people are like, “You know, we really should be happy and grateful” and that’s not something that is really encouraged the rest of the year.
18. What is the worst thing about Christmas?
It’s so stressful to find a good gift and not feel like you’re totally wasting your money by trying to be nice to people. I think we should get a Christmas Tax Break!
19. When do you put the tree up and take it down?
We usually put it up the first weekend or two in December, and it goes down the weekend after New Year’s.
20. Out of the 12 days of Christmas, which day and item would you want your truelove to give to you?
I’ve always wanted a partridge. I don’t even know what it is, but it’s in every verse of the song and dammit, I want one!
21. Why do you think that Grandma got run over by a reindeer?
Bad sense of direction?
22. Who is your favorite reindeer?
23. Do you believe in Santa Claus?
Of course. What are you trying to insinuate? That he’s not real??
24. What is your favorite smell at Christmas time?
The pine tree. Ours were always real and it made the house smell so fresh. I also love Christmas cookies!
25. What would make you happy at Christmas this year?
I am here with Erik, so I’m already happy about that. But it would also make me happy if my whole family were here, which they aren’t, but there’s time for that next year.