On a Sunday Evening.
I don’t seem to be terribly good at keeping up with the NaBloPoMo this time around. I completely missed it last Friday, and I barely managed to eek out a sentence the Friday before. All I can say is that I’m simply not used to blogging this much and I’m finding it difficult to say very much every day.
A few items of note:
- World Diabetes Day was a smash success, but I’ll have more details on that tomorrow.
- I am officially visiting my fourth (out of five) new states planned for my 101 Things in 1,001 Days Challenge. This time: Nevada. I’ll be visiting Las Vegas for about four days at the end of November-slash-beginning of December. My new company hosts a yearly retreat for all their offices, and we’re converging on Vegas this year. I’ll be flying in a couple days before that, though, to spend time with a dear friend from high school.
- Next week, my boyfriend’s mother is visiting from Minnesota for the Thanksgiving holiday. We have plans to spend the big day at Erik’s half-sister’s house, and I am once again looking forward to not having to cook. I know this will only last for so much longer, so I’m trying to enjoy each and every stress-free holiday I can get! We’re also going to be hitting up the Metropolitan Opera, which I am oh so excited about. I’ve never been to the opera before and I can’t wait!
- In December, my mother is coming to visit me after the Christmas holiday, so Erik and I will both be celebrating the holiday sans traveling. I’m trying to convince Erik to take me to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes. Either that, or we’ll see The Nutcracker. I want to get as much holiday cheer as I can this year, considering I’m spending the entire month in New York City.
- Erik and I are also coming up on our one year anniversary on December 13. I can hardly believe it’s been a whole year already, neverminding the fact we’re about to enter into a whole new decade! Where does the time go?
I hope everyone’s holiday plans are coming along swimmingly! Good night!