40 Things About Me
Hello, my name is Allison and I am memaholic. It’s been WAY too long since I filled one out, so here’s the latest survey to circulate through the blogosphere. Copy and paste and fill it out on your blog! It’s so much fun!
1. Do you like bleu cheese? Hells to the no. I don’t understand at all why anyone in their right mind would like bleu cheese. It’s disgusting. If you like bleu cheese, can you please tell me why you are crazy?
2. Have you ever smoked? Yes… ::hangs head in shame:: But not for a really long time! And actually, at this point, I can’t even stand being around cigarette smoke or smokers. Sometimes I think, “It would be nice to bum a smoke off someone” but then I get within like five feet of them and I want to vomit. Probably a good thing.
3. Do you own a gun? No. And I never will. Despite what my boyfriend may think (he comes from a long line of hunters, and it’s pretty much the only thing I really don’t like).
4. Favorite type of Food? Indian! Except after last night’s catastrophic 422 mg/dl (also vomit-inducing), I may have to lay off the curry. I also enjoy Thai.
5. Favorite type of music? Pop. Rock. Alternative. Pretty much anything except rap.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? For about eight years, I didn’t eat beef. And then one day I wanted a hot dog.😀
7. Favorite Christmas movie? I love the Muppet Christmas Carol. It’s a tradition. Well, it was until we somehow lost the movie, but it doesn’t really matter because it was a regular video tape and do people even own VHS players anymore?
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Usually a glass of skim milk. Sometimes coffee. If I’m at Pret a Manger, I get their lemonade iced tea.
9. Can you do push ups? I don’t know. That would require me actually trying and that’s not going to happen.
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? I have a pair of pink shell earrings that I bought in Fresno, California of all places that I absolutely love. I also have a pair of button earrings that a friend of a friend made in college. They are both awesome.
11. Favorite hobby? Is blogging a hobby?
12. Do you have A. D. D.? No. I have something worse. It’s called the Internet.
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? Yes. I’ve been wearing glasses since I was 11 years old and from what we can tell, not diabetes related.
14. Middle name? Michelle.
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment: I can’t think 3 thoughts at the same time. That makes my head hurt.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink: Diet Coke, water and milk.
17. Current worry? Mo’ money, mo’ problems.
18. Current hate right now? People who don’t reply to my emails… the fact that time cannot be sped up or slowed down… The fact that life has no mute button…
19. Favorite place to be? With Erik. (awwww….)
20. How did you bring in the new year? At a cabin in New York State with my boyfriend.
21. Someplace you’d like to go? Amsterdam! I keep talking about going to Amsterdam with Erik. He claims we don’t have any money. Which is totally besides the point.
22. Name three people who will complete this. Probably everyone else in the diabetes blogosphere probably because PEER PRESSURE RULES!
23. Do you own slippers? Nope. But I have slipper socks and flip flops that I walk around in. Or I just wear socks until I go to bed.
24. What color shirt are you wearing? Red.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I have actually never slept on satin sheets before so I really wouldn’t know.
26. Can you whistle? No. And it pissed me off to no end SO THANKS FOR REMINDING ME.
27. Where are you now? Sitting at my desk at work.
28. Would you be a pirate? Only if I got to hang out with Johnny Depp all day.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Never. But I do sing in the car.
30. Favorite Girl’s Name? Audrey
31. Favorite boy’s name? Connor
32. What is in your pocket right now? my house keys and 75 cents in quarters.
33. Last thing that made you laugh? My boyfriend.
34. What vehicle do you drive? I don’t own a car and it makes me the happiest person on the planet. Erik has a Subaru Forrester that I sometimes borrow but it isn’t mine.
35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Stress fracture on my foot when I was in college. Hurt like a mofo.
36. Do you love where you live? I love where I live, but the people sometimes drive me nutty.
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? There are three. One in the living room, and one in each of my roommates rooms. My television is in Erik’s room at his place currently.
38. How many computers do you have in your house? Three laptops, one for each roommate.
39. If you changed your job, what would it be? I want to be a travel writer. Or someone who is paid to watch movies.
40. If you were granted three wishes, what would they be? A cure for diabetes, a billion dollars for philanthropy work, travel and to buy cool stuff (oh come on, you know you’d want that too) and World Peace.