Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff.
Here’s a list of things that I’ve decided not to worry about anymore (whether or not that actually happens remains to be seen, but I’m making a concerted effort nonetheless):
1. I’m not going to worry about my weight or how quickly it is (or ISN’T) moving up or down.
2. I’m not going to worry about what I’m doing this summer. I don’t need to go to conferences or faraway places to have a great summer. There is plenty to do in New York City, after all. It’s why I moved here!
3. I’m not going to worry about what I’m doing with the rest of my life. I have a job, dammit.
4. I’m not going to worry if my blood sugars are a little nuts lately. It’s temporary and I’m working on fixing it. In fact, I just got the USB cable for Minimed’s Carelink in the mail yesterday, so I don’t have to hand write logs anymore! Yippee!
5. I’m not going to worry about the weather. Because there ain’t a darn thing I can do about that one.
6. I’m not going to worry about whether or not certain people like or dislike me. I can’t control what people think of me. I can only do my best to be a nice, pleasant person to be around.
7. I’m not going to worry about how many people visit my blog on a daily basis. Like blood sugars, these numbers don’t define my self-worth. I AM A GOOD PERSON.
8. I’m not going to worry about other people’s problems, insecurities and neurosis. I have enough of my own to deal with. No need to pile on the plate!
9. I’m not going to worry about why the heat in my apartment is inconsistent (hot in bedroom, freezing in living room, mild in bathroom). It’s too ridiculous and it’s almost summer and then it won’t matter because it’ll be hot everywhere.
10. I’m not going to worry about The Unknown.
“So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34