Six things that make me ridiculously happy
Layne tagged me in yet another meme for this week, so without further adieu, here are six things that make me ridiculously happy…
But first, the meme directions (you didn’t think you could get away with just the six things now, did you?):
Here are the rules: Link to the person who has tagged you. Write down six things that make you happy. Post the rules, tag six others and let them know you did it. Then tell the person when your entry is complete.
Now for the six things that make me ridiculously happy:
1. Popcorn: I know, I know. You thought I’d put something sensible like Erik, or God, or oxygen or something that actually improves my life in some way. Nope. It’s popcorn. I love popcorn: air-popped, microwave, tons of butter, no butter, movie theater, kettle corn. Any and all. You can totally bribe me using popcorn.
2. Warm weather: I am a Summer Baby. I was born in August and have always been the most comfortable in warmer weather. Not HOT weather, mind you, just warm weather. If it’s too hot, then you sweat and it’s unattractive and uncomfortable. My ideal day is a cloudless 75-degree day. I am so anxious for May.
3. Indian food: My first date with Erik was at an Indian restaurant in New York City. Whenever I work in our Manhattan office, I often partake in the $10 take-out lunch at Utsav, the Indian place near my midtown office. Erik and I have eaten Indian food together three times since we started dating. Two. Months. Ago. That’s not even counting the times I’ve had it without him! I love Indian food and I pretty much will eat it anytime.
4. God: I like God. He’s pretty awesome. A lot of really awesome things have happened in my life and I attribute all of it to Him.
5. Cats: I love cats! I hardly talk about them on my blog but I think they are ridiculously adorable, and soft and they smell good (well, better than dogs…). Moving to New Jersey is the first time that I have not had a cat (well, technically when I moved to college, but I still saw my parents’ cat pretty regularly when I visited). I miss having a soft, cuddly cute thing that purrs in my lap. And unfortunately, Erik is allergic. Every time I remember this fact, I have to remember that being allergic to cats is NOT a make-or-break in a relationship.
6. Erik: Yeah, he makes me pretty happy. He’s cute, and funny, and makes me feel beautiful. I think I’ll keep him around.
Yes, I realize that none of these people have type 1 diabetes. I did that on purpose. But I read them and think they are cool (regardless of whether or not they read me). Go forth and expand your blogging circles!