Today’s blog post is brought to you by the letter L
Philadelphia was wonderful! Minus a couple of mishaps involving a broken hotel sprinkler system at 3:30 a.m. and driving through West Philadelphia looking for a gas station. But more on that once the photos are downloaded…
Until then, welcome to another edition of “More than you ever thought you’d know about Allison from reading her blog that’s supposedly about diabetes.” What can I say? I give what the readers want.
This morning I spotted Karen’s Letter Meme and I thought it was different and cool. The deal is you ask the blogger to assign you a letter and then you’re responsible for coming up with a list of 10 things you love that begin with that letter. After, people can email or comment asking you to assign them a letter. And the circle of life continues.
Karen assigned me the letter L, so here’s my list of 10 thing I like that begin with the letter L:
1. London: I went to London last September and I had a marvelous time. There is a lot of culture and historical sites, yet I found it very manageable, which I know is a complaint a lot of people have about New York City.
2. Lord of the Rings :(Landileigh actually suggested Lord of the Flies, which reminded me of this) Lord of the Rings is a great book series and movie trilogy. I think Elijah Wood is adorable and, come on, who doesn’t love a hot and sweaty Viggo Mortensen?
3. Lipgloss: I’ve already written extensively about my love affair with C. O. Bigelow’s lipgloss. If you haven’t tried it, you really, really are missing out.
4. Lanterns: Paper lanterns, specifically. The Indian restaurant, Devi, that Erik and I went to for my anniversary had amazing colorful paper lanterns that I wanted to take home with me. I also some some lovely lanterns in Chinatown last weekend. But sadly, I do not own any paper lanterns. I’d like to though. Someday.
5. Lavender: I love all shades of purple, but lavender is particularly lovely.
6. Language: As a writer, I have a special appreciation for language and the power it gives people to share their thoughts and dreams. A master of language is able to harness the power of words to effect change and inspire people. I am constantly striving to improve my skill of the English language and I respect those who truly have a gift.
7. Lilies: My favorite flower is the oriental lily, also called a stargazer lily. I think they are beautiful and interesting, and they smell great.
8. Lemon flavor: I like a few lemon flavored things, like lemonade, lemon-infused iced tea, and lemon meringue pie. I also use lemons to flavor plain iced tea and sometimes even Diet Coke. It’s a very handy little item.
9. Life: I love life. My life is pretty awesome right now. I have a good job, a great boyfriend, a wonderful family, lots of amazing people in my life.
10. LOVE: Of course. 🙂
If you want to play along, leave a comment or email me and I’ll assign you a letter.