25 Things and a Guest Post
Doing things in reverse:
I wrote a follow-up guest postt o the one on relationships that I wrote at DiabetesMine last week. I received a lot of wonderful reader feedback on introducing diabetes to your significant other, so if you’ve recently started dating or are just curious about how others have handled it, I encourage you to check it out. The whole diabetes and relationships thing will probably become a recurring topic on this blog, but I’ll try not to talk about it too often in order to not totally bore everyone to the point I no longer have readers (but hey, I’m still figuring this stuff out so be patient with me, ok?).
Over on another of my favorite sites to hang out, Facebook seems to have caught meme fever! I was tagged by Lee Ann the other day to write 25 random things you may or may not know about me, but I thought that since many of you are not my Facebook friends that I would post my 25 things here. some of the stuff I’ve already discussed but some of it is probably new (except #25 – that one I think you’ve figured out by now). Since this is a Facebook meme, I have already tagged everyone I need to tag. This is simply for the fun of it!
1. I eat the skin off kiwis.
2. I hate having my knees touched.
3. I’ve never broken a bone.
4. I don’t have any cavities.
5. My favorite flower is stargazer lilies.
6. I really don’t care for roses. They’re nice but kinda whatever to me.
7. Oreos with peanut butter is my guilty pleasure.
8. I was a Girl Scout for five years in elementary school.
9. For a long time I absolutely hated when people said the word “fuck.” Then I got my license and started saying it all the time. Fucking road rage.
10. I’ve never been to Hawaii and this fact really, really bothers me. But I have no intention of doing anything about in the near future.
11. Challah is my favorite bread.
12. I always take three sheets of paper towels or I pull the lever three times. Every. Single. Time.
13. I never changed my major in college. Once I declared Journalism, I stayed there, and once I chose Public Relations, I stayed there. (Just to clarify, PR is an emphasis in the Journalism school).
14. I want to adopt a child.
15. I actually like to fly but I hate airports. They stress me out.
16. Trader Joe’s is my favorite grocery store ON THE PLANET.
17. I hate when people saying “I’m standing on line.” It’s “in line”!!!
18. When I was younger, I wanted to be Barbara Walters. I still kinda do.
19. I have absolutely no artistic ability whatsoever, much to the disappointment of my father who is actually really good at ink drawing. The closest I can get is painting a picture with my words.
20. I can run lines with the movie Star Trek: First Contact (but I don’t have any of the scenes completely memorized… yet).
21. I have read the book Diary of a Young Girl: Anne Frank three times.
22. I hate beer.
23. My favorite vegetable is asparagus (eggplant is a close second), and my favorite fruit is pineapple (kiwis are a close second). I don’t eat any of those nearly enough (mostly because they’re either hard to make or are messy).
24. I pay my bills using actual checks.
25. I have type 1 diabetes (Ok, that one you probably knew).