My Favorite Subject.
Talkin’ about food. Mmmm, fooood….
1. Can you cook? If yes, do you like to cook?
I can cook, and depending on what I’m making, I like to cook. But I don’t do it a lot.
2. When do you eat with your whole family?
Well, it’s a bit challenging considering those three thousand miles between us. Nowadays it’s just when I’m home for a visit which is about twice a year.
3. What do you eat for breakfast?
On the weekdays, I almost always eat an individual-sized box of cereal. Sometimes I’ll have a muffin to mix things up. On the weekends, usually either a granola bar, frozen waffles or I go out.
4. When, where and how do you eat on weekdays?
I buy breakfast from our cafeteria in my building around 9:00 every day and I eat it at my desk while I check email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
5. How often do you eat out (in a restaurant)?
Eat in restaurant? Probably once a week, or at least a few times a month.
6. How often do you order delivery/take-out?
I rarely do delivery or take-out. Maybe once a month.
7. Regarding no. 5 and 6: Say there weren’t financial reasons would you do this more often?
I love eating out at restaurants. I’d definitely do it more often.
8. Are there any “standard dishes” you serve regularly?
I don’t really cook for anyone, but I make a lot of pasta for myself.
9. Have you ever cooked for more than 6 persons?
Nope. Thank God.
10. Do you cook every day?
No. Most days, but not everyday.
11. Have you ever tried recipes from blogs?
12. Who cooks more frequently at your home?
Me. My roommate usually eats cereal or oatmeal for dinner (she’s not a big eater), while I usually make full meals.
13. And who cooks better?
I probably do.
14. Do you cook totally different compared to your mother/parents?
Yeah. My dad (he’s the cook in the family) usually made meals from scratch. I’m more of a heat on the stove/microwave kind of girl.
15. If yes, do you nevertheless eat at your parents?
I eat there when I’m home.
16. Are you a vegetarian or could you imagine being one?
I have been. I’m not anymore, it is challenging. I probably would have a hard time giving up chicken since I eat that a lot. But I haven’t eaten beef since high school so I could probably do it.
17. What would you like to cook which you haven’t dared to make yet?
Lasagna. I really really want to make lasagna because I love it, but I’m afraid to. It looks complicated.
18. Do you prefer cooking or baking?
Cooking. Baking is fun, but you have to buy a lot of ingredients that you don’t use very often, so it ends up being a lot of money for how often you use it.
19. What is your greatest misery in the kitchen?
Lack of counter space, definitely. It’s a little square, so I do a lot of preparing on my dining table.
20. What do you dislike?
Pretty much just beef. And I’m not a huge fan of Mexican. But beef is pretty much the only thing I know for sure that I refuse to eat. Don’t even bother asking.