The Return of the Meme.
Fridays are always hard because I feel like no one reads blogs on Friday nights, so I feel like there’s not much of a reason to put a lot of thought and effort into a blog post. However, I started this meme the last week of November, but I never finished it. It’s been sitting in my drafts folder for over four months.
I think it’s time to finish it.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
I don’t believe so. My parents went to high school with a girl named Allison, and I think that’s where my mom heard the name and she just liked it. I still have the list of names I could have had in my baby book. It was down to Allison and Kirsten, and Allison won out.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Sometime last week while watching television because that’s the kind of sap I am.
3. Do you like your handwriting?
Yeah, it’s okay. Nothing fancy.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Plain ole turkey. I’m a simple girl.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Hell no. I still can’t figure out why ya’ll like me so much… Bunch a crazy people…
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
No, not at all.
8. Do you still have your tonsils?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Let me think. NO.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Not a huge fan of cereal… I like Kashi’s Heart 2 Heart and the kiddie cereals. I prefer oatmeal.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Most of my work shoes are slip ons (or like my boots, zip ons), but when I wear sneakers on the weekends, I don’t typically untie them. Or tie them. They are just perpetually tied which is probably why my shoes fall apart after six months.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
My physical strength is laughable, and my emotional strength leaves much to be desired, but I think when I truly believe in something, I stand strong.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Black currant. I have only had it in France and I miss it so, so much.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Eyes and smile.
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My family, of course (two months until I’m back in Oregon), and also Dr. Hansen.
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Jeans and my silver ballet flats.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
A Smart Ones frozen meal, an apple and a rice cake.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
A co-worker talking.
22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Chocolate, anything cooking in the kitchen, grass, smoke from a campfire.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Sometimes I’ll watch ice skating or gymnastics if there is absolutely nothing else to watch, but for the most part, I try to avoid sports at all costs.
26. HAIR COLOR?
It’s naturally brown, but I dye it a deeper shade.
27. EYE COLOR?
Gray? Blue? Green? I never know…
28 .Do you wear contacts?
Yes. Unless I have a corneal infection in which case I wear glasses.
Indian food… chicken masala with basmati rice and naan. I am also extraordinarily fond of popcorn.
30. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
I like a twist, so happyish that ends up leaving you a little confused…
31. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
32 WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
It’s white with a purple floral pattern
33. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer. Because that’s when my birthday is. And up until last year it’s when there wasn’t any school.
34. HUGS OR KISSES?
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Chocolate. Or cheesecake. Preferably both.
36. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Nothing. It’s black.
37. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT?
I didn’t watch TV last night.
38. FAVORITE SOUND? Laughter, the ocean, or the ping when I get new e-mail.
39. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
40. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
41. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I used to be really good with remembering birthdates and phone numbers. Not so much anymore (Facebook and cell phones have kind of ruined me) but there are people I went to middle school with who I still remember when their birthdays are.