Eight in ’08
8 Things I’m Passionate About.
7. Diabetes advocacy.
8. Social justice.
8 Things I Want to Do Before I Die.
1. Visit Israel.
2. Become a mother.
3. Become a grandmother.
4. Have a shotglass from every state and every country in the world.
5. Finish at 1,001 Things in 1,001 Days Challenge.
6. Have a wing of a museum named after me (I thought up this when I was at the Metropolitan Museum of Art when I was 15 and I still think it would be pretty cool!).
7. Learn to speak with a proper English accent.
8. Be at my goal weight and maintain it.
8 Things I Say Often.
1. “Good morning!”
2. “Uh… what?” Or sometimes, “Uh… who?” especially when my boss and/or co-workers discuss 80s and early 90s pop culture for which I was either not born and/or not culturally aware.
3. “I’m tired…”
4. “You’re going to Twitter that, aren’t you?”
5. “What’s up?”
6. “Oh my God…”
8. “See ya.”
8 Books I’ve Read Recently.
1. Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
2. The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous and Broke by Suze Orman
3. The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
4. The Sunday Philosophy Club by Alexander McCall Smith
5. part of How to Date Men by Janis Spindel
Parts of two of books, which I have not continued – not because they were bad but because I just stopped reading them. I have a really hard time with reading these days, mostly because I have fallen out of the habit of reading. I just don’t carve out the time like I used to and when I do, I feel like stopping rather quickly. It took me almost a month to read Eat, Pray, Love when it takes most people just a few days. That’s why I put reading 1,001 books on my Challenge list, but obviously I’m not doing such a hot job with that one.
8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over.
1. Porcelain – Moby
2. Almost Lover – A Fine Frenzy
3. pretty much anything by Madonna, especially late 80s/early 90s to mid 90s Madonna, which is what got me hooked on her to begin with.
4. Let Go – Frou Frou
5. Faster Kill, Pussycat – Paul Oakenfold featuring Brittany Murphy (yes, *that* Brittany Murphy)
6. Marcella Behind Liquid Blue Eyes – Dahlia (you owe it to yourself to listen to Dahlia at least once)
7. Clark Gable – The Postal Service (but really anything by The Postal Service)
8. Breathe (2 a.m.) – Anna Nalick
8 Things That Attract Me to My Best Friends.
1. They are completely different from me.
2. They are brilliant and brave.
3. They are hilarious.
4. They don’t pay any attention to the diabetes, unless it’s absolutely necessary.
5. They understand the importance of certain traditions that no one else does (namely, Candy Houses).
6. They challenge me to think outside my box.
7. They know how to have a good time, and they know how to get me to have a good time, too!
8. They listen.
People I Think Should Do Crazy 8s.
1. Everyone reading this, duh.