Thanks to everyone for the comments yesterday! They really meant a lot. I did change my set when I came home, and then promptly went low two hours later! Ugh. I blame my late dinner, though. Didn’t get around to eating until 9:15 p.m. Woke up at 129 mg/dl so it looks like whatever was causing my freakish highs is gone now. Well, until I screw up again.
But now, I’m going to put on my Fabulously Famous hat and answer some Vanity-Fair inspired questions (thanks Amylia!
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
I have never been perfectly happy, so this just speculation, but I imagine that I would feel pretty darn happy to be traveling in a foreign country, exploring and learning, with someone I love.
2. What is your greatest fear?
3. Which living person do you most admire?
Is it completely cliche to say I admire Oprah? Because I do. I also admire my parents.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I don’t deplore anything about myself. That is a terribly harsh word to use on yourself. A few things I don’t like about myself are my sensitivity, my social anxiety and my inability to say no to food, but I don’t deplore those traits.
5. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Dishonesty and cruelty.
6. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Patience. Sometimes you can’t be patient. Sometimes you have to be impatient in order to get things done.
7. On what occasion do you lie?
I am very against lying and I’m terrible at it as well. Like Beth, I think I would lie only if someone asked me a question and I don’t want to answer it because it’s not their business. Oh, and I will also lie if strange men ask questions about myself, even if it’s something as simple as my name. I once held an entire conversation with an older man who followed me down a street in Los Angeles and made almost the entire thing up. I feel that was an appropriate use of lies.
8. What do you dislike most about your appearance?
9. What is your greatest regret?
My greatest regret is saying things that have hurt other people.
10. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
11. Which talent would you most like to have?
I wish I could sing well. I think that would be such a fun talent to have.
12. What is your current state of mind?
13. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Well that dysfunctional pancreas is certainly a kicker…
14. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I moved three thousand miles away from my home by myself to start my first full-time job at PR agency. I think the main reason I could do this was because I had no idea what I was doing. If I had any idea how hard this was going to be, I might not have done it. Ignorance sometimes is your biggest advantage.
15. If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
I don’t believe in reincarnation, so I don’t think I will. But from what I heard, if you live a great life then you will come back as something even better.
16. What is your most treasured possession?
My photographs, my baby book and the scrapbook that my grandmother made me for my high school graduation.
17. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
18. Where would you like to live?
I would love to actually move into New York City for awhile. I also love San Francisco and Portland and I wouldn’t mind moving back to either of those places.
19. What is your most marked characteristic?
People skills. Does that count?
20. Who are your favorite writers?
I honestly have never paid much attention to authors. I had a small obsession with Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. for awhile though. I also love Donald Miller, who wrote the best book on Christian spirituality, in my opinion.
21. Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Pi Patel, of Life of Pi.
22. Who are your heroes in real life?
People who do good things because they want to.
23. What is it that you most dislike?
I really dislike anger. I don’t like when I’m angry and I don’t like when other people are angry.
24. What is your motto?
“When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.”
25. Favorite Journey?
The past six months.
26. What do you value most in your friends?
Spirit. Intelligence. Honesty. Independence.
27. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Oh, I am well-known amongst my friends for the phrase “Hey babe” as a greeting. I don’t do it nearly as much now because I don’t know anyone that I’m comfortable enough to do it with.
28. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Anne Frank. And yes, I understand that as an Christian girl in the 21st century that probably doesn’t make much sense, so you’ll have to ask my 12-year-old self. She could probably explain it.
29. What is your greatest extravagance?
I don’t spend excessive amounts of money on a lot of things. I think I would probably say food. I would rather spend a lot of money on a great meal with friends or family.
30. If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?
I wish we were closer.
31. What is your favorite occupation?
Well, considering I’ve only had, like, one that’s hard to say. But I love writing. So if I’m paid to write, I’m happy.
32. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
33. What is the quality you most like in a man?
Not to be all anti-feminist or anything, but I love a man’s ability to make you feel safe and protected.
34. How would you like to die?
35. If you could chose what to come back as, what would it be?