Return of the Meme.
Can you tell it’s the last week of November? Thank God.
1. Were you named after anyone? Not that I know of. I asked my mother a few years ago where she came up with the name and she said she went to high school with a girl named Allison and always liked the name. I should note that my father is from an entirely Jewish family and so we have many, many duplicate names – in addition to the names in my grandmother’s family, and my mother’s entire family. Sufficed to say, it gets very confusing sometime. As far as I know, I’m the only Allison.
2. When was the last time you cried? Sometime last week while watching television. I am a sap.
3. Do you like your handwriting? Mostly yes. It’s nothing fancy. Kinda weird. Depends on how quickly I’m writing too. The slower, the nicer.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Turkey breast.
5. Do you have kids? Not yet.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Aw, hell no… I have no idea why ya’ll like me so much… Bunch of crazy people…
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? No, not at all.
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes.
9. Would you bungee jump? Probably… not.
10. What is your favorite cereal? I don’t really like cereal. Never really have. I like Cheerio’s and I like Kashi’s Heart to Heart. But I eat oatmeal or cereal bars or something else entirely. Like danishes. Yum.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No. Most of my work shoes are either slip ons or zip ups, and with my sneakers I tend to just shove my foot in and out without ever untying them. Probably why my sneakers fall apart in about six months.
12. Do you think you are strong? Physically, I’m laughable. Mentally, I’ll kick yer ass.
13. What is your favorite ice cream? Black currant ice cream. I’ve only had it in France and I miss so, so much.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people? Their general appearance and if their general demeanor.
15. Red or Pink? Pink, I guess. Or red. I like both.
16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? My weight.
17. Who do you miss the most? My family (less than a month!) and Dr. Hansen.
18. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Black trousers and black boots.
20. What was the last thing you ate? Ritz crackers with organic peanut butter.
21. What are you listening to right now? A colleague on the phone. Well, I’m not really listening to her, but she is talking in the next cubicle and it’s hard not to hear every word she says.
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Some shade of purple.
23. Favorite smells? Vanilla, campfires, forests, the smell of clean air after it rains… geez, can you tell I’m an Oregonian?
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Someone I work with.
25. Favorite sports to watch? Figure skating, actually. I like the music and it’s pretty. I actually had signed up for skating lessons when I was eight years old, but just before I was supposed to start, I was diagnosed with diabetes and never went back to it. I think that’s where my fascination comes from.
26. Hair color? Medium brown.
27. Eye color? Some weird blue gray combo. It’s not a real color, I tell you.
28 .Do you wear contacts? Not right I don’t… ::grumble::
29. Favorite food? Anything Asian. Japanese, Thai, Indian, Pakistani… yum!
30. Scary Movies or Happy Endings? Happy endings. I just avoid scary movies period. I have not seen any horror or slasher movies in the last four years and I plan on keeping it that way. I just don’t find being terrified all that entertaining and it’s a waste of my time.
31. Last movie you watched? 3:10 to Yuma. It was a long time ago.
32 What color shirt are you wearing? A ribbed blue turtleneck.
33. Summer or winter? Summer in Oregon, early summer/late spring on the East Coast. Humidity is not my friend.
34. Hugs or kisses? Hugs. Unless you’re the cute boy I like.
35. Favorite dessert? Anything chocolate.
36. What is on your mousepad? I’t’s black. It’s boring. I should change this.
37. What did you watch on TV last night? Heroes!!! And a reruns of Reba.
38. Favorite sound? I love the sound of babies laughing and I love the sound of the wind. But honestly, with my severe lack of sound retention, I can’t remember most sounds. It’s complicated and weird and even I don’t understand it, but sufficed to say, the majority of my memories are completely silent.
39. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles.
40. What is the farthest you have been from home? Paris.
41. Do you have a special talent? I can remember almost every birthday I have ever been told. I’m not perfect, but if you tell me your birthday, I will usually remember at least the month, if not the month and day.