Gina, Pearlsa and Allison have tagged me for another rousing rendition of “The Random Seven,” so here we go:
1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself. I’ll try my best!
4. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.
1. I don’t eat red meat. I stopped eating it my junior year in high school when going vegetarian/not eating red meat was the “cool thing to do” amongst my friends. Later I stopped eating pork, followed by chicken. But I eventually went back to eat both pork and chicken. But not red meat. I just don’t like it. The last time I had it was actually three years ago: it was a Philly cheesesteak from, you guessed it, Philadelphia.
2. I’m 5’8″. Okay, not that random, but this summer, when Sandra and her family picked me up at O’Hare in Chicago she said, “You’re taller than I expected!” and I wondered how tall people think I actually am.
4. In high school, I had a small obsession with Moby. When I came to New York in 2004, I dragged my friend Deirdre to his restaurant near Chinatown. I still like Moby, but I’m not nearly that crazy about him. Funny thing is, he’s old enough to be my dad but I swear I wanted to marry him.
5. My best girlfriends and I call ourselves the Sex and the Linn girls (Porlanders will get that reference). I’m Charlotte.
6. I have been in the ICU twice. First, when I was born, I had a low heart rate and they kept me for four days before figuring out that I was fine and that was just the way I am. I still have a low heart rate and doctors still comment on how low it is. The second time was when I was diagnosed with diabetes, of course.
7. I am a huge Trekkie. I was first introduced to Captain Picard and his crew when I was eight years old, before I even understood the plotlines. I would watch with my dad and he would tell me what was going on during the commercial breaks. After awhile it became my own thing and was a huge fan of Star Trek: Voyager. One of my first internet meet-ups was with a group of other teen girls who were Trekkies. I’ve met a few of the actors, including Grace Lee Whitney from the Original Series.
Not tagging anyone because I swear everyone has been tagged already… if you’re reading this and haven’t been tagged, consider yourself tagged!
Oh, and I still have The Angry Eye, so I made a doctor’s appointment for this afternoon. More to come!